Sunday, August 2, 2009

My trip to the NICU

Arrived at the NICU and checked up on baby X. He was just sleeping all cuddled in the bassinet, and I gave him a few kisses then went off to go pump. After I pumped one breast, I went to go try to nurse him. We got him all situated and he tried to latch. I had a letdown, but he was dry, so it means he got some, I was soooo excited!!!!! During the nursing session, I overheard it was his nurses birthday. So when I gave him back I wished her a happy birthday. Well X was wet, but I am still afraid to change his diaper so the nurse was changing him and he had pooped. Well the nurse was wiping him up, and he started peeing, and got her in the face. I told her it was his present for her, and she thought it was hilarious. I finished putting the diaper on him, while she cleaned up. Then she had to change all his sheets, so she asked if I would hold him, I of course said "yes". As I am holding him, he opened his eyes and just looked at me. What a special moment for me, as he has yet to really open his eyes. I just feel so energized after such a good visit.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear you were able to nurse and got an extra special moment with your little guy. Love ya tons! Hope today is a great day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet X!!! WTG with giving your nurse a present, silly boy. Loving you and hoping you both feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete